Background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Exchange

My class is participating in Mrs. Perry's Valentine Exchange! I don't know how you would know about my blog and not hers, but just in case, here's her blog: Primary Perspective! ChEcK hEr OuT! She is awesome! My students are most excited about sending their own work through the REAL mail and getting REAL mail from all across the country! I'm super excited, myself!

The children have worked hard on their cards- it's been a week-long process!

The theme is CUPCAKES! We brainstormed fun crafts to do and decided on using coffee filters- have you ever done this?

I encourage my students to color in the entire area leaving no white spots, then we spray with water and leave them to dry. They come out looking sort of tie-dyed! The top and bottom of the cupcake were two different pieces that I cut from a normal coffee filter.

We worked in small groups to come up with things we love about our school and things we love to learn about! (I know 'centers' doesn't really make sense ... if you only understood how much my students LOVE 9:00!)

Thanks, Brooke, for such an awesome idea! We can't wait to start receiving mail! :)


2 comments:

  1. What darling cards! I will have to copy next year or maybe even for mothers day. I am glad I found your blog.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute, wish I paid attention before Valentine's Day, we've been inundated with snow days and we're playing catch up. But my class would have loved this!

    ReplyDelete